Monday, January 29, 2007

A decision was made.

I decided to buy the epson 4490. It cost as much as 50 crappy lab scans so it will pay for itself very fast(I have 25-30 films waiting at least and 10 undeveloped in the fridge).


Here's a couple of images from Petra. They were shot with the nikon fm2n and 50/1.4AI or 28/1.8 sigma lenses on kodak profoto 100 film. They were lightly cropped (5% or so to remove the ugly scanning frame).


They are the only two pics that scanned OK of the last batch.
They don't show one tenth of the beauty of the place - VISIT IF YOU CAN! If you visit Israel it is very easy (and not to expensive) to have a day trip there from Eilat. If you need details - contact me. I will definately visit it again. Maybe see Wadi Rum next time as well.
If you are going there to photograph - you need a few days - the light is harsh(except sundown and I presume sunset,and it's full of fat redfaced short wearing tourists. Bring a tripod and something larger then 35mm, a wide selection of film and good hiking boots(It's a long walk).
Bring a short tele for pictures of the local bedouins. Bring a couple of liters of drinking water.


I hope in a month or two I will have A LOT of new pics to show.

No comments: