Monday, December 25, 2006

On Lomography and Camera-phones

I hate lomography.I think selling a holga for anything more then 10$ is a sin you go to hell for(I've seen unmodified holgas for 80-90 Euro in Barcelona museum shops a year ago). Zenits for over 100$ are as unnatural as not serving alcohol in strip bars(and some other things you see around there).

Saying all that I think it has many positive sides: It promotes film photography, It promotes Krasnogorsk making Horizonts and a couple of other things and it keeps polaroid in the picture.

Enter the camera phone. My Sony Ericsson 750(I think) has an autofocus 2 Megapixel camera(whatever that means) and it lets me shoot polaroid\holga like images and I take it everywhere I go(while a camera is with me 80% of the time and is usually loaded with BW film in the 100-400 range).


Here's an example:

Lola the Cat

Not enlargable but is soft,with corner focus loss and dreamy(as well as fuzzy and cute).

P.S.
I watched "stanger than fiction" and liked it.

MERRY CHRISTMASS EVERYONE!!!

No comments: