Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Jupiter 12 and Helios Viewfinder,Life update


My new toys!I got them from Darkavanger(Massimiliano Mortillaro) from RFF for a very nice price(the lens might need a cla so I'll probably send it to Oleg Khalyavin just in case). It was made in 1977 not by KMZ(it is a VOOMZ I think). I love the field of view and DOF. I practicly dont need to focus(only at very close distances). I just need to see how much to compensate for parralax and it will become my walkaround lens.

I finally moved in with Anna,and started setting up my darkroom.It is 80% complete. I just need to transfer electricity and add a shelf for the chemical baths. I also need a larger easel,decent negative holders(I improvised a 35mm one - no point thinking of 6x6 with a 5x7 inch easel) and to hook up the red filter.

I am happy we decided against cable TV - we read much more and communicate much better. We listen to much more music. We have 1-2 hours of free time a day more then we used to - and we didint watch much TV to begin with!

I read Closing Time by Josef Heller (and liked it but not as much as I likes Catch 22),Watched La Dolce Vita (and loved it.Made me want a Rolleiflex - but that beside the point - and out of budget) and finished reading In Cold Blood(Truman Capote). The movie Capote connects wonderfully with the book. Now reading The Dance Of Ghengis Cohn by Romain Gary.

No comments: