Friday, August 11, 2006

Yashicamat


The only medium format camera I have. Since I dont have easily accessable medium format scanning I bought it to print the wet way - and my enlarger is ready I just need to pick it up(which may take some time). Medium format always allured me - especially the square. I tried a medium format SLR(mamiya 645)but didnt like it.It's ergonomics are horrible and the 6x4.5 negative didnt appeal to me.
I wouldn't mind trying a medium format RF but they seem to be expensive or oldand with film flatness problems(folders). I got the yashicamat from a person in Israel(found it on a internet bill board) and Oleg Khalyavin overhauled it for me. I dont have the fresnel and the battery cap so the screen is a bit dim in the corners and the meter is dead(I use a handeld anyway).

I really like TLRS - their ergonomics and versatility is incredible.I think the esthetics and engeneering are splendid. I would like to try one of the TLR's that have 35 mm capability(ricohflex,yashicamat 635 and rolleikin adapter) but can't afford one now. I possibly got a source for scanning the negs so some pics may appear later.

I need lens caps and,ever ready case a hood for it.
For now I use it with a FED hood held in place by tension(the opening is narrowed with padding).

I am called for reserve duty in the military(refresher course) for a couple of days.

No comments: